Brief Introduction #
The integration of the Advanced Custom Fields plugin in MultiVendorX will allow your vendors to add extra content fields to the add product page. These extra content fields are more commonly referred to as Custom Fields and will allow your vendor to provide more product details to the buyers.
- Advanced Custom Fields
- MultiVendorX Pro
Setting Up Advanced Custom fields #
To let vendors add extra content to their product you need to configure the Advanced Custom Field plugin. Configuring the plugin allow vendor to add content according to the choosen field type.
Advanced Custom Field Settings
Before enabling the module, confugire the plugin by the steps given belo
- Go to Products option from the Admin dashboard and the Add-On menu option.
- Once you get transported to the Add-On page, select the create option available beside the heading.
- Once selected add the following details –
- Field Type – This refers to the extra information vendors can to their product in the form of metadata. Add-on fields can be added the same way for both per-product and global add-ons. This panel is found on a new or existing product. To add your first add-on, click the “Add field” button. This includes the following field type list of options –
- Multiple choice – This shows a list of options the user can choose from. Display as dropdowns, images, or radio buttons.
- Checkboxes – this section is where one can add a checkbox or multiple checkboxes that can be ticked/unticked by a customer.
- Short text – There are five in-built types. This shows a text field where users can enter either any text; just letters; just numbers; both; or an email address only.
- Long text – Shows a text field where users can write multiple lines of text (character limit possible).
- File upload – Allows vendor to upload a file.
- Customer-defined price – This is a field where vendors can enter a numerical value that is added to the product price.
- Quantity – Here users can input their stock data.
- Heading – Your vendors can add a heading between add-ons to group them into sections.
- Title – Vendors can add the product name as the title in this field. They can either add it as an heading or a label or even choose to completely hide it.
- Add a description – Vendors can use this field to add more information about the add-on.
- Required field – By leaving this field empty vendors can prevent products from being added to the cart.
- Adjust price – In the case, the vendor wishes to charge an additional amount they can add a numerical value in this field. This will then calculate the price as a flat fee regardless of quantity, per quantity ordered, or, charge a percentage of the base price.
While adding any fields, make sure you have selected location for “product” page, only then the fields will be displayed on the add product page
Enabling Field Groups for Coupon #
To display the custom field for coupon also, all you have to do is set the location to “Coupon”
ACF Provides many field types. You can know more about the usage of them here – https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/#field-types
ACF will carry on how to display the custom fields in the product page. For this you need to follow their document :