100% of funds going to admin not vendor

WCMp Stripe Marketplace

Resolved
Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      MisterS
      Participant

Hi, we are testing updating the Stripe Marketplace plugin and despite commission fees being 100%, all of the funds from orders are going to the main admin Stripe account, 0% are going to each vendor in any orders.

The New Order emails are being sent OK to each vendor and the admin, but the ‘Transaction Successful’ email isn’t being sent to vendors if that helps.

Is there a reason why this would be happening?

This is in a test environment but login details could be provided. Thanks.

Options selected:
      Live Stripe account (not Test) being used
      Vendor Commissions selected
      Commission: 100
      Stripe Connect Type: Standard
      Seperate Charges and Transfers
      SCA enabled

Hi, thank you for getting in touch with us.
      Kindly go to your Stripe account> Connect> connected account and check if your vendor’s account is restricted.
      If the account is restricted that is the reason why your vendor is not receiving their commission

MisterS
        Participant

Hi, none of the Stripe accounts are restricted. Payments to these accounts worked OK before we updated to the latest version of Stripe Marketplace (we went from v1.2.1 to v2.0.1). Thanks

@MisterS, can you please share a temporary admin, FTP access so we can check.
      While sharing the access, don’t forget to mark the response as private.

MisterS
        Participant
        This reply has been marked as private.
      MisterS
      Participant
        MisterS
        Participant
      MisterS
      Participant

Thanks, that doesn’t answer our problem of the transaction emails now not working! We have just disabled them, but just to let you know if anyone else also has this issue.

Now that the payment flow works and the payment is passed on to the Vendors, we have noticed that the OrderIDs aren’t any longer shown in the Vendor’s payment, is there any reason for this and how do we get these working again? The main Admin payment still shows the OrderID, but the reference in the connected account for their payment now just shows a py reference number – see attached. The most recent payment is the updated plugin, previous payments were the older version of the plugin which showed the order number.

Also it looks like us as Admins are now paying the Stripe transaction fees, not the vendors! I assume this isn’t correct? How do we assign the Stripe fees to the connected Vendors for each order?

Hi @MisterS, our replies are inline :

– Now that the payment flow works and the payment is passed on to the Vendors, we have noticed that the OrderIDs aren’t any longer shown in the Vendor’s payment, is there any reason for this and how do we get these working again? The main Admin payment still shows the OrderID, but the reference in the connected account for their payment now just shows a py reference number – see attached. The most recent payment is the updated plugin, previous payments were the older version of the plugin which showed the order number.

>> We will fix this in our next update.

– Also it looks like us as Admins are now paying the Stripe transaction fees, not the vendors! I assume this isn’t correct? How do we assign the Stripe fees to the connected Vendors for each order?

>> Stripe fee is carried out by Stripe, we don’t controll this part.

However, you can take back the fee deducted from you using our gateway charge settings.
      For further help please do follow this doc: https://multivendorx.com/knowledgebase/payment/#nav-9

MisterS
        Participant

Thanks, I’m surprised the order reference missing hasn’t been spotted previously, have no other users brought this up? Currently as the customer info (name/email/address etc) is also not passed on to the vendor now, all they have is the payment amount to try to work out which order it relates to.

Yes Stripe fees are controlled by Stripe but this new method of payment flow has totally changed how your plugin works, as previously mentioned (https://multivendorx.com/support-forum/topic/error-creating-charge-record-with-stripe-multi-vendor-order/#post-122758), we would have liked to remain using Direct charges which Stripe assure me can still work with split payments and SCA and we believe would have not brought all these other issues up.

All 3 payment types are still listed on your plugin description, maybe it’s time to update this if this isn’t the case: https://multivendorx.com/product/wcmp-stripe-marketplace

Currently Stripe fees are 1.4% + 20p per order. How do I recreate this for vendors using Gateway fees? I believe gateway fees can only be a percentage amount so we can’t recreate this Stripe charge precisely, this is a big problem and will lead to an imbalance for either the vendor or the admin.

MisterS
      Participant

Thanks, I’m surprised the order reference missing hasn’t been spotted previously, have no other users brought this up? Currently as the customer info (name/email/address etc) is also not passed on to the vendor now, all they have is the payment amount to try to work out which order it relates to.

How do refunds now work, when a vendor refunds a payment is it refunded to the Admin or the Customer?

Yes Stripe fees are controlled by Stripe but this new method of payment flow has totally changed how your plugin works, as previously mentioned (https://multivendorx.com/support-forum/topic/error-creating-charge-record-with-stripe-multi-vendor-order/#post-122758), we would have liked to remain using Direct charges which Stripe assure me can still work with split payments and SCA and we believe would have not brought all these other issues up.

All 3 payment types are still listed on your plugin description, maybe it’s time to update this if this isn’t the case: https://multivendorx.com/product/wcmp-stripe-marketplace

Currently Stripe fees for our site are 1.4% + 20p per vendor’s order. How do I recreate this for vendors using Gateway fees?

[Edit now I have found this option!]

From this page of instructions: https://multivendorx.com/knowledgebase/setting-up-commission-and-other-payments-for-wcmp/

I believe we need option 3 (“Percentage of the transaction/sale value + a fixed amount per transaction”)

So in our example is it:
      Commission Percentage: 98.6
      Fixed Amount: 0.4

?

I’m not sure about the fixed amount because in your instructions I don’t think the text listing of each example relates to the image underneath? Can you confirm?

MisterS
      Participant

Typo, Fixed Amount is 0.2 if that means pounds.

I have run a test order with the attached settings but 100% of the funds are still going to the vendor, am I missing any option? Thanks

@MisterS, our replies are inline :

– How do refunds now work, when a vendor refunds a payment is it refunded to the Admin or the Customer?

>> As refund is manual process. Hence it depends on the site’s policy who will pay who.

– I believe we need option 3 (“Percentage of the transaction/sale value + a fixed amount per transaction”)

>> Yes, you are right. We will look into this in our future updates.
      You can keep track of this from here : https://github.com/wcmarketplace/dc-woocommerce-multi-vendor/issues/1078

MisterS
        Participant

@moumita since I posted that, I can see there is an option for a percentage and a fixed amount together, I have attempted this now.

See post #136699 above, I have used these settings but 100% of the funds are still going to the vendor, with no commission removed. Can you help me understand why this is happening and help me fix this issue.

@MisterS, can you please share temporary admin access so I can check the settings.

@MisterS, can you please share temporary admin access so I can check the settings.

MisterS
        Participant
        MisterS
        Participant
        MisterS
        Participant

@moumita Thanks, this is now working for the fees passed onto the vendors, these now match Stripe’s standard transaction fees.

PS in your replies your are adding a percentage to a currency amount – this doesn’t make sense (2.9% + 0.2p = 3.1)!

This field being positive is not obvious from the admin control panel or your documentation. You could help explain how this works by updating the documentation or adding help text like the attached.

MisterS
          Participant

That first figure without the minus sign!

We don’t add a fixed amount on the percentage, also we don’t think supporting a negative value for the fixed amount will help here.

Let me explain the calculation :
      – Product cost = 100
      Shipping = 20
      Tax = 5
      Total = 125

– The gateway fee is 2.9% and 0.2 fixed amount.

Now if the vendor commission is 80% and the vendor will receive both tax and shipping then the vendor’s net earning is (80% of 100 ) + 20 + 5 = 105
      So, the gateway charge calculated on 125 is 2.9% of 125 + 0.2 = 3.82
      Hence vendor will get 105 – 3.82 = 101.18

MisterS
        Participant

@moumita I have tested using a negative amount and it looks like it works, if you don’t think this should work, can you explain why, how I can pass on the Stripe fees of 1.4% and £0.2 to a vendor using your fields/options?

Commission percentage: 98.6
        Fixed amount: -0.2

We have an order with two vendors with these totals.
        A: £0.70
        B: £0.50

A: 1.4% = £0.01 (1p) + £0.20 fixed amount = £0.21. That vendor received £0.29 (£0.50-£0.21) after deductions
        B: 1.4% = £0.01 (1p) + £0.20 fixed amount = £0.21. That vendor received £0.49 (£0.70-£0.21) after deductions

Is that not right? It looks right to me.

When I did have the fixed amount as a positive number (above), it made the potential fees more than the order total received so it just passed on the total amount (that made me think these commission options just didn’t work until you pointed out why). As you mentioned “As WCMp can’t pay the vendor more than the order, hence vendor is getting .5”

I think Fixed amount is working the opposite way that you think it does?

@MisterS, yes you are right, this is working fine.

Let us know if you need any further help.

Viewing 17 reply threads

The topic ‘100% of funds going to admin not vendor’ is closed to new replies.