Let customers subscribe to your product and pay on weekly,monthly or annual basis.
With WooCommerce Subscriptions, you can create and manage products with recurring payments — payments that will give you residual revenue you can track and count on.
- Installation and activation
- Woocommerce Subscriptions
Installation and Activation
Install Woocommerce Subscription and activate the plugin. Once installed, you’l be able to access both simple subscriptions and variable subscriptions in products pages.
Configuration of Woocommerce Subscription
Once the installation and activation is completed, navigate to the settings page of Woocommerce to configure the settings of Subscriptions.
- Once in settings page, go to Subscriptions tab and configure the following options:
- Add to Cart button text– The product shows a button “Add to cart”, but subscription changes that to “Subscribe Now”. You can customize the text over here.
- Place Order Button Text– On the checkout page, this will show “Sign up Now” instead of “Place Order”. You can customize the text in this field.
- Roles-Choose the default roles to assign to active and inactive subscribers. For record keeping purposes, a user account must be created for subscribers. Users with the administrator role, such as yourself, will never be allocated these roles to prevent locking out administrators.
- Subscriber Default Role– You can choose a default subscriber role from the dropdown menu. When a subscription is activated, either manually or automatically after a purchase a new user to this role will be assigned.
- Inactive subscriber role– If a subscriber’s subscription is manually cancelled/ expires then he/she will be assigned to this role. You can choose which role to assign to from the dropdown list.
2.Renewals– You can configure the following renewal options:
- Manual Renewal Payments– If you enable this option then, customers subscriptions will be put on hold until they login and renew it. Also if you enable this option “Turn of Automatic payments” also comes up in this page.
- Turn of Automatic Payments– If you do not want subscription payments to automatically charge renewal payments, then enable this option.
- Auto Renewal Toggle– If you enable this option then customers will be able to turn on and off automatic renewal options from View Subscriptions page.
- Early Renewal– If you enable this option then customer will be able to renew before their subscription date. Also if you enable this option then “Accept Early renewal Payment via a Modal” comes up in this page.
- Accept Early Renewal Payment via Modal– If you enable this option then any customer can pay before their renewal date, from View Subscription Page under My Accounts.
3.Switching– You can allow subscribers to switch between different subscriptions (upgrade and downgrade).
- Allow Switching– Choose an appropriate option from the following:
- Between Subscription Variations– Enable this if you want to allow your customer to upgarde/downgrade the monthly variable subscription
- Between Grouped Subscription-Enable this if you want to allow your customer to upgarde/downgrade the monthly grouped subscription
- Prorate Recurring Payment– If you enable this option then the amount of the previous bill/subscription will get divided when customers switch their subscription plan.
- Prorate Sign up fee– When switching to a subscription with a sign up fee, you can require a customer pay only the gap between the existing subscription’s sign up fee and the new subscription’s sign up fee (if any)
- Prorate Subscription Length– When switching to a subscription with a length, you can take into account the payments already completed by the customer when determining how many payments the subscriber needs to make for the new subscription.
- Switch Button text-Customise the text displayed on the button next to the subscription on the subscriber’s account page. The default is “Switch Subscription”, but you may wish to change this to “Upgrade” or “Change Subscription”.
4. Synchronisation-Align subscription renewal to a specific day of the week, month or year. For example, the first day of the month.
- Synchronise renewals– Select this option if you want to align subscription renewal days.
- Customer Suspensions–
- Mixed Checkout-Allow a subscription product to be purchased with other products and subscriptions in the same transaction.
- $0 Initial Checkout-Allow a subscription product with a $0 initial payment to be purchased without providing a payment method. The customer will be required to provide a payment method at the end of the initial period to keep the subscription active.
- Drop Downloadable Content– Enabling this grants access to new downloadable files added to a product only after the next renewal is processed.
By default, access to new downloadable files added to a product is granted immediately to any customer that has an active subscription with that product.
- Retry Failed Payments-Attempt to recover recurring revenue that would otherwise be lost due to payment methods being declined only temporarily.
Woocommerce Subscription is of two types- Simple Subscription and Variable Subscription.
To know the details of Simple Subscription refer to this link-https://wc-marketplace.com/knowledgebase/setting-up-simple-subscription-products-using-afm/
To know the details of Variable Subscription refer to this link-https://wc-marketplace.com/knowledgebase/setting-up-variable-subscription-products-using-afm/