Migrating to a new plugin might sound scary but believe us when we say it’s hardly an issue. Especially if you are planning to migrate to MultivendorX. By going through this document you can migrate to MultivendorX safely and effortlessly.
Alternate MultiVendor Plugins #
A seamless migration process can only be carried out if you are using the following plugins –
- WC Vendors Marketplace
- Dokan Multivendor Marketplace
- WCFM MultiVendor
Point To Consider #
- This migration tool is only for migrating vendors, their orders, and shop settings.
- Once their wizard is closed, then we will run a cron
- This cron will migrate all the vendor’s order and their commission.
- Admin’s marketplace setting will not be migrated using this. You have to do that manually.
- The vendor’s shipping setting will not migrate as MultiVendorX Marketplace vendor shipping totally different than your previous multi-vendor plugin! Read this to know more
- Deleted orders or deleted product orders will not be migrated!
Checklist Before Staring Migration #
- Keep a backup of your site’s Database.
- Disable caching and optimized plugins.
- Make sure your previous multi-vendor plugin is installed and activated.
- Install and activate MultiVendorX at the same time.
- Kindly make a note to have a non-interrupted internet connection.
Automatic Migration #
To add MultiVendorX to an active site, go through the following steps –
- Install MultiVendorX and wait for the Setup Wizard to appear.
- Once the Setup Wizard appears, configure the basic setting.
- MultiVendorX will scan for other marketplace software and initiate the migration process
- And there you have it!
Manual Migration #
If you had MultiVendorX installed previously on your dashboard then the Setup Wizard might not appear. But don’t worry even without the Setup Wizard you can migrate seamlessly. All you need to do is :
- Go to your dashboard and navigate to the MultiVendorX plugin.
- Wait for the MultiVendorX menu to appear, select the tools and status option
- When you land on the tools and status page, select the Migrate button.
I hope you found this tutorial useful. Don’t wait to install MultivendorX; get started now.